My name is Robert Christison and this is my first class at Boston University in my pursuit of a MS in Insurance Management. I live in Phoenix working as a Claims Service Director at United Services Automobile Association (USAA). I have been with USAA for just over 15 years and in the professional claims handling industry for just over 26 years.
I do not mind sharing; I am 52 years old and feel every bit of itJ. I have been married to the same wonderful gal for almost 32 years. We met 34 years ago on fraternity/sorority row at the University of Utah (Go Utes!!). My wife Patti stays busy with our senior in high school and is involved in many civic/church activities. We have four children (1 boy and 3 girls), ages as follows: 29, 27, 23 and 18. The oldest two are married and my second oldest daughter is expecting their first child making me a grandpa, trilled but “ouch” at the same time! In my spare time I enjoy watching college football, reaching out to the community, travel and reading.
I have completed a number of professional designations over the years but have not been part of formal academia since 1982 so I really look forward to getting to know each one of you and thrilled to be part of the BU distance learning experience.

Robert,
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the BU program. We have a lot in common, to start, my wife and I have been faithful USAA customers for well over 18 years --- good company. I'm 48 and about to be an empty nester so getting back in school was about retooling myself, level setting my view of the market place and with this being my fourth course very rewarding. Online is very different than classroom, more challenging I have found. Welcome aboard and looking forward to working with you.
Robert,
ReplyDeleteWelcome aboard. I've just started last term as well. This is my 3rd course. We are at about the same point. I envy you. My husband is at your age but our old daughter’s just started college. By the way, I like your cactus at your blog. Excellence picks!
Hi Robert!
ReplyDeleteGreat pic! Kudo's to revealing your age too and I can say that I am old enough to be your ....... younger brother ;-)
Love Sedona too and traveled to AZ many times - way too hot for me! I'll stick with NJ and VT.
Look forward to working with you moving forward!
Hi Robert,
ReplyDeleteNice wedding picture! The cactus is a nice backdrop - perfect for for Phoenix, Arizona. The color scheme and design layout works well. I really enjoyed reading your blog.
Sedona looks like a nice place to visit.
I am looking forward to e-commerce class.
Susie McElroy-Wong
Hi Robert,
ReplyDeleteI must tell you that I too am a rather boring person and I really don’t mind saying so. I’ve spent my life doing all the things I wanted to do so now I can just take it easy and enjoy – boring! Welcome to Grandpahood! That must be thrilling for you and Patti. Good luck in class and I look forward to working with you.
Hi Robert,
ReplyDeleteAgain, I love your picture. Our family is the best gift we have and you seem to have a wonderful one :)
Congrats and becoming a grandpa, enjoy every minute of it!
Best wishes!
Maria
Hi Robert,
ReplyDeleteI think blogs are a way of portraying our own personality to the world.
In that respect, I can tell that family values are a big part of you by showing the wedding picture.
Also, I'm big into College football as well, but I follow mostly the ACC and the SEC teams.
Good color choices as well!
Best of luck in your first class!!
Regards,
Orlando S.
Hi Robert!
ReplyDeleteNice blog! I really like your wallpaper and how you shared your family photos. I am going to take note and add pictures to my blog. Through your blog I feel I grasped the true essense of the things you value and enjoy, and that's the great thing I have learned about blogging. It's a way to express to the world who we really are.
One suggestion: A caption with you photos would be a great touch for your viewers.
Thanks for sharing and I look forward to a great course with you!
- Candice
Hi Robert!
ReplyDeleteI've always wanted to visit Arizona. I'm a warm weather person at heart and I'd love to be somewhere which would allow me to swim outside any day that I wanted. I think the background you chose is very appropriate for you!
I agree with Candice that it would be nice to see a caption about the photo.
Looking forward to working with you!
best,
Kristin
Hey Robert,
ReplyDeleteJust checking you got my post this morning. You have a lovely family photo.
Best,
Jake
Hi Again,
ReplyDeleteso I had written a much longer post this morning and apparently it did not take. Your photos of your family are great and you look very proud. I like the simple and elegant flow of your blog and of course the Arizona backdrop! I'm also impressed about going back to school after so long. This is my second course after more than 15 years so I know the challenges it brings. Best of luck with everything.
Jake